Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Change in the Weather


Recently this blog has been about theatre and only theatre. I know, I'm sorry to disappoint those of you if you were looking for the Daily Recollection of Grace's Mishaps and Mayhems, I promise that will come soon. This week is the transitional blur from Bye Bye Birdie into Seussical, so some of the constant stress and anxiety will be lifted off of my minuscule shoulders. Since this will be my first post before all of the Conrad Birdie and Seussical posts flood in (besides my tech week post), I've decided to shake things up a bit. I've decided to make a change to my posts, not a big one, but just make it a wee bit different. It may or may not add blogging anxiety onto my pile of worrisome things, but I am willing to sacrifice my sanity for this blog. You're welcome readers.



Remember Grace's Song of the Week?

Well have I got a treat for you! Recently, I had been getting rides home from tech rehearsals with some of my cast mates and I found out about some really awesome artists, albums, and songs! I thought about this logically, if I have over twenty-five different things to blog about that I enjoy now that means I have to blog twenty-five times just to get to my next set of music. Grace is not good with things like this, I mean I'm still reading off a reading list I created in September. SEPTEMBER PEOPLE! I don't think we need any of that on this blog, do we?

WHAT?! Change?!

I am making a change. From now on there will be a method to my madness. Instead of just posting about bands, albums, songs, and artists at the end of blog posts, I will be creating a page where these artists will be remembered. Forever. Or at least till it gets full... then we will see what will happen. I will post music reviews on this page if I learn how to work it, (cross your fingers) but if not I will start the recording on the page, but reviews in the main blog.  The name for this new page is "Lyrical Landscapes" and I can't wait to get started with it!


If you want to know about just some of the bands, artists, albums, groups, songs, and singers that I will be blogging about soon, here is a partial list of only twenty-five:
  1. Locksley
  2. First Date*
  3. Jose Gonzalez
  4. Tribe Called Quest
  5. Carbon Leaf
  6. Ramona by Night Beds
  7. Mikky Ekko
  8. Red Hot Chili Peppers
  9. Keane
  10. Family of the Year
  11. Band of Horses
  12. Days of the New
  13. Spring Awakening*
  14. Escala
  15. R.E.M
  16. 2Cellos 
  17. Citizen Cope
  18. Snarky Puppy
  19. Blind Pilot
  20. STRFKR
  21. Kasabian
  22. The Racounteurs
  23. Modest Mouse
  24. Regina Spektor
  25. Lily Allen
*= Musicals

Happy Thanksgiving readers, be prepared for some music horizons to be broadened! Your taste and preferences shall be expanded! Bring an open-mind, a pair of prepared ears, and some healthy curiosity  we're going to a "Lyrical Landscape"!

No comments:

Post a Comment