Saturday, November 30, 2013

Locksley

Image courtesy of Gigapipe
Okay here we go, band numero uno, Locksley is up to the plate. Because of my Pandora listening style, I had only heard one or two of Locksley's hits before truly discovering about this band. Like I had promised, throughout this week I have been listening to Locksley 24/7... okay well close to it, give a performer a break I barely have time for anything!  Anyways, Locksley is today's band, and boy are you in for a treat.

Who? 

Locksley, who are they? They are a band that was created over a decade ago in 2003 in Madison, Wisconsin. The band consists of four members: Jesse Laz, Aaron Collins, Sam Bair, and Kai Kennedy. In 2005 Locksley created and sold its first EP (extended play) that was used in several ad campaigns worldwide. The band has changed members a bit since then, now Jordan Laz sings and plays bass instead of Aaron Collins.

Albums:


Don't Make Me Wait (2007-2008) In researching Locksley I found out something interesting about the band. Before they released this album and its predecessors, Locksley created an album called Safely From The City which has only one-thousand printed copies. So this album is a mix of that rare album and some of their newer songs at the time.

Grace's Pick: 

Be In Love (2010) Be In Love was Locksley's second studio album, recorded and released in early 2010.  It's really hard to pick my favorite album out of this band, but my personal favorite... isn't this one. It's a close second! I spent my drive through Washington's beautiful forests listening to this album and I loved the album as much as I loved the view.

Grace's Pick: 

Locksley (2011) Okay, this is probably the one you may have heard of. The self-titled album. Of my two friends who know Locksley what album do you want to guess they both have? This one. Now, this album is my favorite since this is the album where Locksley could really stand their ground as a band. They had some great starts before, but this is the album that you have to watch out for. This is the album that will make them big. 

Grace's Picks: 


If you've listened to any of the songs that I specifically attached for you to listen to, I hope you realize that this is an indie band. They aren't a hardcore head-banging band, and they aren't mellow either. I think they are a happy medium for anyone who is exploring the indie genre. 

What's Up Next?

Image courtesy of New York Show Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment