Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How I Met Your---HOLD UP!

Oh gosh, I can't even begin to tell you
how sad this is to look at. Courtesy of imgur

The first time I watched How I Met Your Mother I was a wee pipsqueak at the ripe old age of ten. I remember turning on my picture box with my magical rectangle of control to only press the wrong button. I wished to watch Dancing With the Stars, as any young girl would, but I pressed the two button instead of the four. In my head I was thinking, "Crap, I'm missing Derek dance!" Yet little did I know that this small mistake would change my tv watching days forever.

Congrats you clutzy little runt
Courtesy of Post Advertising

Of course my parents loathed HIMYM from the moment I turned it on. What sane parent wouldn't? Honestly, it's the more blunt and raunchy 21st century version of Friends... but that's why it's so addictive! It's a sitcom that never gets old, like Ted's children am I right? Hehe... okay that was bad.

The thing is... this show is ending in less than a month. In less than a month. LESS THAN A MONTH PEOPLE!
You bet it ain't. Courtesy of HIMYM Wiki

Ted is me. Grace is Ted. There is no difference.
Courtesy of Mr. WGifs
This will be me in the days following the series finale, except with lots of tears.
Courtesy of Reddit

I have watched this show, never mind my mother's disapproval, from the middle to the end. Hey don't blame me, I was six in 2005, do you think I would even understand HIMYM back then? Doubt it. So from mid-series to series finale, I have been faithful. While I have ditched shows like Glee and Once Upon A Time, I have stayed true to my one and only How I Met Your Mother.

Although some say that it should have ended several seasons ago *cough* losers *cough* I believe that the show has remained constantly hilarious. My favorite running gags throughout the show include:
Robin Sparkles will live on
forever in my heart.
Courtesy of Fearless and Loathing
The infamous ducky tie of
eleven glorious episodes.
Courtesy of Emma Schneider

The Slap Bet. The gag that ran on for seasons upon seasons will leave us on March 31st.
Image courtesy of Alfiq Sanji
I have no clue how the rest of my teenage life will unfold without looking forward to another new episode every Monday. Will there be another show like How I Met Your Mother? Oh no, not in your wildest dreams... but maybe there will be a sitcom that is nearly as good.


I read through this and realized how many gifs I used. I think I might have an issue. Anyone up for an intervention?

Okay, okay, we're almost done but I'm leaving you on a humorous note. I have spent hours upon hours watching bloopers and funny moments that occurred in this show, I thought I might as well share these moments with you guys, my loyal readers. These videos say more than any five hundred word blog post could.
The Cast's Favorite Moments

How I Met Your Mother Series Bloopers

C'est la vie en rose,

Swarley out.

1 comment: