Thursday, March 27, 2014

Radical Whatever Floats Your Boat

You asketh, and so thou shalt receiveth... this is ma life at the moment. And it is all about being...

RADICAL
Throwing it back to Breakfast Club, no biggie homeslices.
Courtesy of College Times
Wait, no, before you get all excited about me doing a Breakfast Club post... wait, that's a great idea! Scratch what I was about to tell you, I have a marvelous idea. You wanted me to tell you what's going on in this pint-sized mind of mine? You want to know why the Breakfast Club is fantastic? Five words: a lot of things bro. 
My internal reaction when someone stands up
for something they believe in. Sometimes my external too...
Courtesy of Vampire Diaries Wikia

I'm not saying there are revolutions going on besides those in Ukraine and Syria that are more important. Yet, in the past month or so, students in Utah, the United States, and all across the world are sticking up for their rights and the rights of their peers. I'm totally cool with that, actually I support it one hundred percent!

To quote Bender from The Breakfast Club, "If he gets up, we'll all get up, it'll be anarchy". And he's right. If one of us stands up for something we believe in, like unfair detention rules, we will be heard and our cause will be supported. 
Vive la revolution!
Courtesy of wordpress

But there's an issue with belief. Personally, I believe that people are free to state their own opinions and sides on matters as long as they don't force others to believe that way. You do not have to believe how I believe. Living in a highly conservative community it is important to stick up for your views, but never ever imply that others must regulate to your rules. It's rude, it's radical, and it's disrespectful.

This was seen in The Breakfast Club when the group discuss their issues and what got them into detention that wonderful Saturday March 24th, 1984. People were judgmental and cruel, like many high schoolers, but eventually they empathized with one another.

Going, going, oh there goes my sanity.
Courtesy of wordfury

How about we say that together, "Empathy is good". Now I hate to preach (and sorry if you took this as a sermon) but I'm getting tired of people constantly arguing one side of an argument, even if their side is the obvious choice, and refusing to see it from another perspective. I mean are you seriously so ridiculous not to realize that you may be WRONG?! 

Ugh. Gah. Nope. I just can't do this anymore. 

If you don't believe the way that I do about this topic, I understand. Not everybody thinks the same way about everything. Yet, I want people to realize where I'm coming from with this. Ranting about social issues won't change them unless you are willing to see and understand the views of the other side. Change is not a one-sided battle, it is cooperation and compromise for a better future.


Don't you forget about me...

A brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess, and a criminal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment