Wednesday, March 12, 2014

You Want Random? I'll Give You Random

Recently I have been obsessing checking the amount of votes on my "What Should I Write About" poll. After looking at it several times I now know that you all, or as people in my native state say, y'all want to know about music and my life! Oh be prepared for some wacky and weird things, because that is one interesting combination.

For each random situation that's going on, there will be a song to follows it up plus a review by moi. Today's concert consists of three selections, all of fresh, intriguing, and zesty proportions.



  • Vivid dreams about buses, orchard sleepovers in Provo, and snorkeling: As many of you may know, in the past few weeks my irregular sleeping patterns have produced many a lucid dream. Perhaps the greatest dream (and the most widely discussed) was the Bus Dream. You see, in my dream I had to catch the bus. Unlike some people who have their mom drive them to the bus, I drove my bus to catch the bus. The bus was already at my stop so I had to park my bus and get on the other bus before it left. It being a bus, I had no idea how to park it. I eventually parked my bus only to find that the other bus was gone. I had a panic attack, then realized I could drive my bus to school.
How everyone looks when I tell this dream.
Courtesy of funnyjunk
 Song: "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics: I adore this song with a passion. If there was a pre-turn-of-the-millenium song equivalent to "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers, it would be "Sweet Dreams". I've known every lyric to this song since I was five. Don't judge.



  • Battling the Not-So-Silent GPA Killer: This is the worst possible week to get sick or so everyone says. It's nearly the end of the quarter, tests are coming in by the ton, and homework loads are beginning to break my back. But do you think my immune system cares about any of that? Nope. So here I go, battling a cold and my final AP chapter quiz. Great. 
My immune system
Courtesy of gifirific
Song: "Fever" by Peggy Lee: There are a few people who I think could have given me this "fever", a band geek, my brother (no blog included), and this thespian. This song is as my mom just said, "Super sultry and hot with a capital H". It's one of those songs you just get grooving to, I mean come on, it's classic jazz.



  • L'inscription de Mes Nouvelles Courses: That says "The Registration for My New Courses" if you are not studying français. As discussed in my last post, je n'aime pas inscription (I do not like registration). Everyone knows that March is the month of madness, for both basketball and students everywhere. Picking classes, gaining signatures, oh and remaining sane! Oh goody! The one thing that I am truly excited for is the chance of possibly taking medical courses like Intro to Emergency Medical Services if my other courses fall through. 
Oh how I adore Scrubs, and medicine, and Scrubs.
Courtesy of Girl Power
Songs: "Campus" by Vampire Weekend and "School Days" by Chuck Berry: Why two songs you ask? Well, there are a lot of songs about high school apparently. After lots of deliberation, I chose "Campus" because it's a lot like the music I like and so is "School Days". "Campus" is a student that everyone reading this blog would say is definitely not me, but doesn't that sound nice? Sleeping on the balcony?  Anyways, "School Days" is a classic that can relate to everyone, no question about it. 



You asked for it and I delivered,

Frantic Freshman 

No comments:

Post a Comment