Friday, March 7, 2014

Back To The Future

As we all know, Back To The Future is an awesome cinematic masterpiece about the coolest kid on the block, Marty McFly, and his adventure thirty years into the past with Dr. Emmet "Doc" Brown to make sure his parents become a couple. This of course is one of the single greatest plot lines to be written in the history of man. Oh, and guess what? This happens to coincide with the fact that I cannot stand planning out the future. Thanks registration.

This is my head when the word "future" joins the conversation. 1.21 jigawatts of "wait what?"

Maybe that was an overstatement, or maybe it wasn't, but hey, how would you know? Actually, when I think of the future I kind of have a blur of what it would be. Some people have vivid dreams of their futures and I have blobby blurs, it's like my eye prescription.
Everyone else's incredibly definite dreams


My -3.66 (I think) vision of my future
Look at him, he's gorgeous.
The vest that is, I've named him Pierre.
Courtesy of Back to the Future Wiki
If you've never watched Back to the Future, then get prepared because your mind is about to be blown. So Marty McFly, he's your average 80s bad boy with wicked hair and a neat-o vest, oh yes neat-o. He meets up with Doc and finds out about his time machine that needs 1.21 jigawatts of power, "plutonium from the Libyans", and the car's speed to reach 88 miles per hour (refer to the first gif).  

He gets stuck in the past, messes up his own timeline by becoming his mom's crush, and helps his dad to get the girl (his mom). I won't spoil the ending, but what do you think happens if the movie is called Back to the Future?

When I think of the future I get anxious, anxious to the point of concern. Will I turn left or will I miss my soulmate completely? Will I sleep in and get that extra point on my MCAT so I go to Johns Hopkins University? Nope, nope, I'm done. 
Adequate representation of my thought process
Courtesy of dnevnislom

Thanks to registration for 2015 classes and the end of the quarter coming up I am left with a constant thought of "will you get into college if you do that" repeating in my head. This happens every year around this time, well now and around my birthday because I can't remember a darn thing I want. That's pretty bad too.



What Would You Do? If you were sent thirty years into the past, thirty years into the future, and then five years into the past what would you do? Feel free to answer in the comments! I will tell you my answers in my next post! Hehehe...

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love this post! I totally agree with everything you said, I and I love your drawings and that gorgeous vest Pierre. And I laughed really hard when your vision of the future is in blobby blurs like your eye prescription. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete