Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas and All That Jazz

Tis the season to be singing all of the Christmas songs!

I am finally out of school for two weeks *cue the hallelujahs* but guess what week comes right after that? 

FINALS

Run Marshall, run... the mighty finals are approaching


I am calm. I am very calm. What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Christmas, well I am totally pumped for Christmas because you know what comes along with all the festivities? Movies, music, desserts, snow, happiness, presents, ABC's 25 Days of Christmas, and even more music!

Recently I asked what your favorite part(s) of Christmas were, and I enjoy the responses I'm getting. Since it is the season of giving thanks and saying what you love, I've decided to say all the things I adore about this season.



  • The Music: Since December 1st I have been listening to Christmas music. Okay, not really, I was driving home that day from Boise that day. Want to know the music they have in Boise? Spanish, country, and church music. So the only Christmas music I was listening to that day was "Feliz Navidad". So much for a good start. Anyways, this holiday gives me an excuse to listen to jazz. Oh yeah, you heard me, Grace has been listening to Sinatra this season. There is nothing better than waking up and getting ready to Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas". Oh, I'm going to have to take a moment. So good. My music recommendations for this holly, jolly Christmas are:


  • The Movies: Typically all movies made for the holiday seasons are busts. Let's face it, unless it's a classic like A Charlie Brown Christmas it's probably only going to be played once a year for this holiday. But there are a few that have made it onto the list that will stay there forever. Some of these are not PG, some of them add lots of 13 to that PG, and one may be R rated, so you may want to check before watching these five in front of the entire family this holiday. Please, think of the children. 

    • Home Alone: I've watched this movie so many times, I have practically memorized it. Okay, I have memorized it. Get outta here and watch it ya filthy animal.
    • It's A Wonderful Life: Don't say it's slow. Everyone knows that it's slow. Newsflash, it was made in the 40's people! It's not going to be up to your standards. It's a classic so it's perfect no matter what. 
    • Love, Actually: One word to describe this film: cheeky. Here's another one: British. If you know anything about British TV or films you should know that they allow different things in movies than we do on this side of the pond. It's an adorable story that is turning ten years old this year about 10 different love stories taking place in London. Raunchy, entertaining, and interesting, this movie may or may not be the one for you!
    • Elf: This is a 50-50 kind of movie, and I'm on the side that actually likes this movie. If you ask any teenage girl the response will be, "Omg Elf?! It's like the greatest Christmas movie of all time, it's soooo cute right?" 
    • Santa Clause: When you're raised on ABC's 25 Days of Christmas you end up seeing this movie at least twice a December. Every dang Christmas I would watch this and wish that my dad was Santa, and occasionally you wonder about the what ifs. Those were good times. 

  • The Gifts: Believe it or not, I adore giving out gifts instead of receiving them. Watching people open presents is one of the greatest presents you can get from the holiday season. Someone's face can light up like a bulb on a tree in less than three seconds with a single rip of wrapping paper. This year I gave out tons of DIY mugs and homemade desserts to all of my closest friends and favorite teachers. The emotions of receiving a present and opening it can range from...

Thanks to all those who let me use their beautiful snaps.




Happy holidays everyone! Enjoy your time with friends and family, I know I will!


P.S. Be prepared for a Doctor Who Christmas Special review once I finish vacationing!


No comments:

Post a Comment