Friday, January 17, 2014

A "Frozen" Heart

(Okay, I'm really slacking with the Sherlock post, I know it's been two weeks you don't have to remind me. Don't hate me, I promise I'll get it posted by the end of the month.)


But Readers.... do you wanna build a snowman? Come inside and read this pooost! Okay I'm done, I'm done. BUT FROZEN THOUGH! I've probably explained this to many of you, but last weekend I saw Disney's newest movie, Frozen, and boy was it a life-changer. No, I'm not being sarcastic...



Image courtesy of Disney
It was incredible.

I think everyone can agree with me on this, the Frozen soundtrack is beyond compare. The lyrics are superb, the score is impecable, and darn it they are catchy as ever. I have had "Reindeers Are Better Than People" stuck in my head for the past three days, three days people! 


I would say I'm sorry to those who I forced to listen to it with me but guess what, I'm not, I'm not sorry at all. I am the girl who belts "Let it Go" while skiing down the mountain, on the bus, to class, and occasionally during class. Do you know what? I feel no embarrassment at all. The songs never bothered me anyways... these are the jokes kids. 

If you haven't seen Frozen I highly recommend you do. It's already won a Golden Globe and was nominated for a second, was nominated for a People's Choice Award, is up for a BAFTA, and two Oscars too! 

Courtesy of Yahoo Movies
Not to mention, the script is hilarious. I know some people aren't musical people (like my brother who continually complained during each number) but the screenplay is worth seeing anyways! There are so many jokes, they had me laughing wayyy to hard, I think I scared a few children too. Oops. 

The themes in Frozen are great too:
  • "You can't love a person you just met." How many Disney movies (specifically) have you watched where the princess finds her prince BOOM end of movie, and cue the credits? From the beginning of the movie that whole "happily ever after" theme is shot down like a North Korean missile. 
  • "Love can melt a frozen heart." This takes a literal form in the movie, but it really makes sense. Love and compassion can help a bad situation. 
  • "Let it go." Let all your ambitions go and do as you please! You can't be yourself if you are "concealing and not feeling" what you really are. 
I love, love, LOVE this movie. If you're anything like me, you will too. (Even if you aren't like moi, you will adore it just as much.) I've attached the full soundtrack to Frozen for those who would like to listen again, for the first time, or for the three thousandth time.

P.S: Frozen is going on Broadway! Yes you heard me, the fantastic film is hitting the stage someday soon! Who knows how they'll do it, but you can bet I'll be rooting for the musical the whole way through!

No comments:

Post a Comment