Friday, January 31, 2014

Seussical the Musical

Oh yesh, the time has come for the aforementioned... Seussical post. Muahahaha

Read on to hear about what I've been working on for the past three months!
Courtesy of Event Brite




Books Within Seussical
If you smartie-pants haven't realized it yet, Seussical is a musical made entirely (well almost) out of stories written by Dr. Seuss. I'm pretty sure you've all read his work, or have had it read to you, so I bet you'll find a familiar fable from this list:
  • Horton Hears a Who!
  • Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?
  • Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
  • I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
  • Horton Hatches the Egg
  • If I Ran the Circus
  • The Cat in the Hat
  • Courtesy of Wikipedia
  • One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
But I can promise you, this is not a word for word mash-up of several stories, it is a musical after all! And, boy, let me tell you, the music in this particular musical is incredible. There are soprano notes that hit the heavens and harmonies that ring clear in your ears for hours, making Seussical the show for you. 

I know you guys don't like marketing rants, I know I don't like reading them, so I won't make this post that. For those in the general location of our dear school, I highly recommend coming to see Seussical Jr., it is an experience that you won't regret. For parents, this show is filled with great lessons for the kids and yourself. For teens, what's better than watching your friends act like complete fools on stage? Nothing, nothing at all. For kids, how would you like a front row seat to some of the most famous Dr. Seuss books in real life? 

Personally, this has been one of my favorite shows that I've done in a long time. The cast is a family, and not in the cliché High School Musical way. We are seriously all in this together. Oh come on, I had to! I don't think I've ever been in a cast where I have felt so emotionally attached to everyone (sorry Bye Bye Birdie buddies). The withdrawals will be strong with this one starting next Saturday! I cannot wait to open this show. For rizzle, the excitement contained within the thirty-something members of this cast is overflowing into the River of Nool. 

Oh and did I mention...?
Ain't it perty? I tried friends, I tried.
Some of my favorite bloggers (and possibly a few of yours) will be starring in this show! Just to name a few there's Horton, Mayzie, Sour Kangaroo, a Bird Girl or two, the Grinch, Mr. Mayor, and of course, yours truly, Mrs. Mayor. 

I hope you can see it, I really hope you do for everyone in the cast would love to perform for you! You could come at seven on Thursday, or Friday too, or maybe see both! The choice is up to you! We've worked very hard so it's going to be great, so please come early and don't be late! 

See you in Solla Sollew,

Grace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment