Friday, February 7, 2014

Seussical the Musical Part Two

Oh the thinks you can think when you think about Seuss!

Anything's possible when you make a collage about it! 

What? No, I didn't just blog about Seussical last week... Oh wait... I did... Oh well, I've already started so it's too late to stop. Anyways, I am currently writing you all from a comfortable couch in my cozy home after a long and tiring three-ish months of rehearsals, tech, and of course, performances! My feet are killing me. Seriously, Gracie is in desperate need of a foot massage. Not to mention, I'm exhausted. I may have mentioned this before, but theatre is harder than it looks. Guess we know who's sleeping in tomorrow? Not me. I know, bummer right? Since the show is over I am now free to do whatever I please (which of course means more theatre I mean c'mon what did you expect). 


Seuss, Seuss, Seuss, Seuss, Seu-u-uss! This show was possibly my favorite in years, and that's saying a lot considering my resumé. Now you may be asking yourself, "But Grace, why another post? We all know you're just going to blabbity blah blah blah about 'the glory of theatre' and all that jazz." You know what, you're wrong. Ha ha ha! This is not a theatre post, well kind of, but it's not! This is... 

Life After Seuss

You know what's one of my favorite things? A perfectly planned and orderly day with no exceptions or mistakes. Want to know how well perfectly planning all my days has been going? I'd say I have a success rate of a steady 45% chance that there won't be any forks in the road. I have a dream though, a dream of making a plan and sticking to it with no changes to the plan in this quarter.
Courtesy of Shane Dowling

After this quarter comes the Big Mama of them all, the Mac Daddy, the King and Queen of all the quarters, quarter four. Oh, I shudder at the thought. Quarter four, quarter four, quarter-oh-my-goodness-where-has-this-year-gone-by-four. My plans starting mid-March include hardcore studying, eradicating my semi-procrastinating habits I've developed, ace the quarter, and get ready for sophomore year. Oh yeah baby, I'm ready for it. Sophomore. I can feel the power beckoning from it. Imagine not being called "freshmeat" or "freshie" anymore! Can I get a hallelujah?

As a final farewell to a wonderful show that I've got to call my own, Seussical, this has been Amayzing. Now that I'm all alone in the universe without a show or a care, I'll remember how lucky I was to do this show. To the cast and crew, I'll see you in Solla Sollew (or school too). I've learned so much and I've had so much fun, it feels like we've only begun!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Mayor of Who
aka your author

No comments:

Post a Comment