Saturday, February 22, 2014

Now Entering the Bermuda Triangle

As defined by Wikipedia, the Bermuda Triangle is...

"also known as the Devil's Triangle, is an undefined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean, where a number of aircraft and ships are said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances."



Oh no, this is not the one I'm talking about...
Courtesy of Live Science
Honestly, if you asked most the people in my grade they'd probably say the same thing. There is a minority though, a small minority that knows exactly what I mean when I say I've fallen into the Bermuda Triangle. What is this minority you say?

The SuperWhoLock Fandom


The SuperWhoLock Fandom is he epitome of insane fandoms. It consists of not one, not two, but three loony fandoms of three tv shows. These shows are Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Sherlock.


The other Brit, the one that continued the
Netflix marathons.
Courtesy of imdb
The third and most lethal of them all.
Courtesy of SupernaturalWiki
The original cuprit.
Courtesy of Twitch Film


This all started a few years ago when I had the brilliant idea to start watching this geeky show a few of my friends had been watching. Little did I know that this would be the beginning of many late night marathons, fangirling festivities, and following sprees that would be the death of me. Oh and did I mention I've done this three times now?

First Doctor Who, then Sherlock, and now this? Did I really ask to join the Supernatural fandom? No, but do you think that stopped my friends? Ha, that's a nice joke. In less than one day I have started and completed the first season of Supernatural (which is 22 episodes for all who would like a challenge).
The famous "one more episode won't hurt me" phrase
I am so tired. This is a PSA for everyone, do not stay up till six a.m. even if it means finishing the series the next day. The last time I did this it was with Skins, and oh sweet baby Jesus that one left me crying till seven. Trust me, the series finale of Supernatural is not one that goes without a sob sesh. 

If you ever want to enter either the Sherlock, Doctor Who, or Supernatural fandoms I want you to consider how much you appreciate your free time. It will vanish faster than a Silence. Yes, that was a reference from Doctor Who. Seriously, beware.

So if you aren't frightened away yet, I congratulate you, you are a strong soul. Brave people tend to do crazy things like Netflix marathons, so I'm going to save you. I devised an equation to find out how much time is in each show so far so that you can watch (un)healthy amounts of each.

         em  = total m
       ----------------------
       s   = m/s

Supernatural:

Doctor Who:

Sherlock: 

That took way longer than I thought it would, but hey, at least you know what you're getting into! Good luck, you know what they say about the Bermuda Triangle, "Once you go in, you never come out".

See you on the other side,


Fangirl out

No comments:

Post a Comment