Friday, April 11, 2014

Scrubs-a-Dub-Dub



I am about to embark upon the hardest challenge I have yet to face... so that means I must binge-watch one of my favorite shows to get Day of Silence off my mind. Honestly, I don't think it's going to be that bad. I really don't, I just get these little thoughts like, "haha wouldn't it be funny if you accidentally spoke and ruined the entire thing during first period". Yeah, so I guess my logic is justified. What show have I been binge-watching?

SCRUBS

I have been waiting to write this for a while.
Courtesy of lalaindieland
I discovered this fantastic show thanks to my friend, Bridger. I had heard of it here and there, seen gifs and pictures, but I had never watched it. I honestly thought it was just like Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice, a dramatic soap opera medical show where I'd be sobbing instead of learning about lobotomies and forms of tumors (yeah, yeah I know I like the whole smartie part of it all). Oh my goodness, I was wrong about Scrubs though.

Starting this show is simple, and binge-watching is even easier. It's yet another one of my favorite sit-coms, but unlike HIMYM, it takes place mainly in the hospital of Sacred Heart Hospital and not in a bar. Scrubs follows John Dorian, also known as J.D., who begins his medical career as an intern with his best friend, Christopher Turk at Sacred Heart. 

When in doubt, red bouncy ball it out
Courtesy of One Thousand For One
Now let me tell you something about this show: it is different than any show you've ever watched. This is a show that is filled with medical innuendoes, dance numbers, daydreaming scenes, and life messages. Oh yes, I have learned lots of lessons from this show that include:

  • Being lonely is never fun: "Because nothing sucks more than feeling all alone... no matter how many people are around." -J.D.
  • Follow your instincts, because you'll regret it later if you don't.
  • Have fun, and do things that make you happy.
  • Stick by your close friends when they make risky decisions.
  • Don't date someone you work with. Ever.
  • Make the world a better place for others before yourself.
  • Dance. You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind because if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine. 
Not to mention, J.D. is a geeky, hilarious, highly romantic nerd of a doctor who I would say is my soul animal. Honestly, there's even a bit of resemblance. Considering I met Zach Braff earlier this year, I would like to add that I have even been in the presence of my spirit animal. Boom, Sundance for the win!
My face when I realize I have a whole Kaplan book
to complete over break. 
J.D.'s reaction to, well who knows.
Courtesy of Kriste Net


















I'm no Superman,

Bambi

1 comment: