Monday, June 2, 2014

It's Olaf's Favorite Time of Year Again





Courtesy of rebloggy

Yup, you heard me right, it is summer at last. Okay, well not at last I mean I still have three days of school and it's not officially summertime till June 21st.
So close yet so far
Courtesy of gifsec
 
 Since it is nearly summer, I feel that a list of summer goals is in order. Not to mention... Did I even tell you what I was doing to spend my time in the sweet Utah heat? (Ha ha yeah right, more like dry abysmal drought)Plans for Summer:

June: I kick off my summer by heading straight into the workforce... again! Last year I worked at Swaner Preserve and Ecocenter and The Egyptian Theatre as a camp counselor for their summer camp programs. I love my job, honestly it's probably the best way to spend my time rather than being on Tumblr 24/7. At Swaner I get to teach kids about basic scientific things like robotics, biology, sustainability, and chemistry while also having a fantastic time in the process. Egyptian is the same way, except it's doing my forte: acting. I adore showing kids the tricks of the trade because who knows, maybe I'm teaching the next Barbara Streisand or Sutton Foster?

July: This is where I go back into full scale training mode as July is a month full of theatre. No literally, I'm spending the entire month at the University of Utah's YouTheatre program not to mention I'll be seeing different shows every week. I'm a rookie to the program, so I can't wait to tell you guys what I learn, who I meet, and if I'll ever do it again. Muahaha.

August: It's weird to be thinking three months ahead, I don't like it at all. In August I will be spending my time at Swaner teaching Lego Robotics and other camps like Outdoor Exploration and maybe even a few surprise camps! I can't wait to get started with this summer even though I'm already typing what will be the end! (That's some inception right there)

Goooooooooooals!
If only my goals could be this legendary
Courtesy of seattle.sb.nation

I'll admit this right now, I'm not the best when it comes to setting up goals for myself over the summer. Either I break them or just completely blow them off. It's bad. So when I say I'm making goals, hardcopy, you can physically read and see them on my screen goals, that's saying a lot. All the things I do for you guys. I'm fantastic.

1 // Learn how to play the ukulele - I know it's kind of crazy, but I've wanted a ukulele since I was a little kid. I have a guitar that I'm... okay at I guess, but I really want to learn how to play the ukulele. I'm thinking about getting my own uke maybe within the month, but right now I'm just finding out info about it all.

2 // Get my drivers permit - I should have gotten it on my birthday a month ago, but it was finals and honestly do you blame me for not wanting another test? Tomorrow is when I get the packet thingy to study from, but I think that by the end of June I will be permitted to blaze the roads my friends. Watch out.

3 // Read les livres - Currently there are over 20 books staring me in the face as I type this sentence that have gone unread. Some of these books I bought a year ago, others I bought last week. I plan on reading them all by the time school commences.

4 // Study a little - I guess this is kind of like #3, but since I'm taking some difficult AP courses next year I'm going to be studying a little bit each week just so that I don't fall behind the curve. Not to mention, since I now hold a position in the Gay-Straight Alliance at my school as Vice President, I also need to study up a bit on my LGBT knowledge. Always learning my friends.

5 // Hang out with friends - Last year I bailed on this one a lot, I spent a lot of time couped up away from people because of work and other activities. This year I strive to become... popular. Just kidding we all know that won't happen. Hey, at the very least I can just have fabulous right?

Why not?
Courtesy of wifflegif

Don't get that summertime sadness,



Lana Del Greyce

No comments:

Post a Comment