Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Two Year Streak

You may or not still be reading this blog, but if you are... Congratulations! We have made it to summer vacation together! In honor of this mystic occassion, I have inserted this beauty for our intellectual pleasure.

So much greatness in only fifty-seven seconds. I personally think that Phineas and Ferb has one of the greatest theme songs of any children's show in the modern day. But that is not my point!
 
My point of all this... is to prove something along the lines of these gifs to you.


 
I am a clumsy person.


Life in the Day of Clutzy-Pants-McSwizzle... aka Your Author

Since I know I might actually be having a bit of social interaction this summer with at least a few of you (I mean I don't think I can travel to France or anything), I thought that I might as well save you some time and tell you how this happened.

Might as well have some humor am I right?
Yes. That is a sling upon my pasty pink arm. How did it get there... well that's a novel if I know one. Let us begin at the start shall we?
 
In the States, or practically everywhere else that has a game centered on sabotaging short people, we have this game called "Monkey in the Middle". Oh yes, the game that you've been playing since you were a wee lil snippet of life. Yet once you become my age, that game you once jested around with so innocently becomes a fight. To the death.
 
Okay not really, but it's pretty competitive when you're competing against these maniacs. Or as I like to call them, Tall Kid, Taller Kid, One With A Funny Laugh, My HomeSlice, and Tall Kid's GirlFriend. It was actually a pretty great time. I know none of them will ever read this, but if they do, I'm sorry for what happened next guys. I really am.

It kind of went like this.

I'm very competitive. I don't play that many sports. So I don't play nicely, even when it comes to petty things like Monkey in the Middle. Grant (Taller Kid) and I were going for the Ominous Beach Ball of Doom in order to save the Caste System of Monkeys, or what a normal person would call saving the ball from the people who were "it".

I slipped.


I fell.


Monsieur Elbow and Senor Shoulder did not agree on the directions to the ground. My shoulder believed that it had to go the completely inhumanly possible way. It hurt like hell my friends. So what did I do, being the legendary woman I am? Didn't cry a single tear... until I got to the ER. Which let me tell you, speed bumps, oh God they kill when you're in excrutiating pain.

Luckily we found out that it 'tis only a scratch, or a sprain, same thing anyways. I only sustained a major sprain which in my book is not too bad for the first day of summer.

If you're wondering what that whole "Two Year Streak" was about... Let us just say that this happened last year too. Except last year, I flipped off a trampoline, banged up my shin so bad I had to quit cross-country, and realigned my shin. It was beautiful.

Maybe next year I will stop my clumsy rampage against the world. Maybe I will stop breaking the "floss every day" rule. Who knows, I may actually keep a New Year's Resolution some day... But we will never know!

Staying safe,

Yo HomieG

No comments:

Post a Comment