Sunday, July 6, 2014

Grace's Guilty Pleasure: Gossip Girl

Okay. I lied, this post isn't going to be about school things related to my 10th Grade Honors English Assignment for the summer. It's going to be something that's a bit more... prevalent in my everyday life...

Gossip Girl
 


I know, I shouldn't be consuming overwhelming doses of teen dramas with scandal, lies, vanity, and money, but hey... mistakes happen right? I used to be a pretty big fan of shows like these when I was in middle school. A few examples include Glee (with extra musical numbers), Pretty Little Liars (another creepy gossip loving stalker), and Hannah Montana, oh yes, I went there.
Tell 'em Gorgie
 
Gossip Girl was introduced or in all honesty ranted about by a close friend of mine for years before I finally began my adventure into the Upper East Side Abyss. She had described it in such detail and wonder to me on our bus rides that eventually I had to begin my Netflix marathons. But soon it became addicting. Like a bag of Hershey's chocolate chips after a hard day at school.
 
The show follows the anonymous blogger, Gossip Girl, who documents "the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite". These so-called elites are...
 
Blair Waldorf: Daughter of the renowned fashion designer Eleanor Waldorf, Blair is a highly overachieving but also highly devious "Queen Bee" of a character who's always looking out for her future, whether it be educational or romantic.
Perfect description B? I thought so.
 
Serena van der Woodsen: Notorious party girl, Serena returns to the UES with hopes to change. A beauty queen but also an extremely educated and kind girl who's always looking out for her closest friends. A total sweetheart who falls in love maybe a bit too easily, but never doubt her abilities to bounce back from a relationship.
She's beauty and she's grace, she's... Miss United Hair Flip
 
Chuck Bass: What can I say about Chuck Bass, his name says it all really. Charles "Chuck" Bass is the son of Bartholemew Bass, a success story who has made his fortune within New York City. Chuck is quite the lady's man, filled with charisma and charm with every word he speaks.
You can even see the arrogance
 
Nate Archibald: Son of the powerful, political van der Bilt family, Nate is the golden boy everyone knows for his loyalty and honesty towards all of his friends, even when they aren't doing what's best for him.
The end of that gif just makes me burst out laughing
 
And finally...
 
Dan Humphrey: Technically an outsider, Daniel Humphrey is the skeptic who has a lungful desire to be in the Upper East Side crowd. His love for Serena is evident from the first episode, Dan is a romantic and an analyst at heart.
My favorite gif, ever.
 
 
Add in a few more characters like family members and ex-girlfriends or party girls and you get the gist of the show. I know, it's snobby, pretentious, and highly vain... but it's a guilty pleasure show. The best part is, it isn't too poorly written like the ones I used to watch when I was younger.

My issue is that ever since January I've been watching Gossip Girl and here are my recaps of the seasons:

Season One: I finished in a day and a half
Season Two: Took a month or so because hey it was the beginning of the third quarter and I had to get down to business.
Season Three: It really took a while because of finals and everything but I got through it pretty quickly.
Season Four: A week. It took a week.
Season Five: Well let's say I'm nearly done and I started only a while ago.
Season Six... let's find out shall we?

I promise to be more punctual, and probably a few more interesting posts shall come this way by it!

xoxo,

Gossip Grace oh wait I don't do that kind of thing HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment