Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Many Summertime Struggles

I realized that my summer has already hit it's Midsummer Night minus the whole dream thing. It's the middle of summer, and I'm in a little bit of a crisis. Oh yeah, did I mention that it's July and that high school resumes it's session in August?

Just breathe, just breathe!

I'm not freaking out. I promise. Maybe that's a lie, but hey with my schedule I have a little bit to be worried about. Let's just say the word "honors" pops up by most of my classes, along with the word AP for a few. So I'd like my days to remain class free for as long as possible. Whether that be a month and some leftovers.
Oh barnacles...
So I thought, what else should I write about than the good, the bad, and the oh so interesting summer I've had so far? Recap time!!!

Things I Don't Like To Remember...
  1. Nearly dislocating my shoulder on the first day of summer whilst playing Monkey in the Middle was a pretty bad one. It's a great conversation starter though, "Oh you broke your ankle playing soccer well at least you didn't go to the hospital after Monkey in the Middle!" The response is a nice look of oh my goodness who is this girl and how about we don't play that game.
  2. Binge-watching Netflix practically every night to finish a few series, namely Gossip Girl, Scrubs, and Supernatural. If you don't have parties to go to you might as well have a staycation on your own couch.
  3. Staying up till at least 1am every night because sleep? Ha, what's that!? No but seriously children, don't do it. Don't stay up late. It ends badly, I promise.
    Trust Ted, I don't care if his show's over but the wisdom lives on!
The Memorable Moments...
  1. Hanging out with all my amigos and meeting even some more friends who I shall love and cherish and all that jazz. Oh the inside jokes.
  2. When it wasn't over 95 degrees. Those days are a true blessing especially considering Utah's heat.
    My life is like an episode of Portlandia
  3. Everything about Youth Theatre at the University of Utah so far! More about that to come!
  4. The World Cup was pretty fantastic but I swear if any one brings up Brazil vs. Germany one more time I think I might self combust.
    The entire game. I swear I was this woman the entire game. It was horrible.
  5. Leadership Camp at Camp Tuttle was the most radical four days in the snow I've spent in a while. Nothing like snow in June right?
Oh by the way I've saved up enough money for my ukulele, I've started learning chords to a few basic songs as well! What were my other goals for the summer? I remember, I finished my summer reading assignment, at least the reading part. I definitely recommend The Distance Between Us to any of you who aren't physically obligated and already have to read it. I've hung out with friends, so I guess I'm making progress on my list! I guess you could say I'm scoring a lot of goals, okay bad soccer jokes are as done as the World Cup.

"That was quite humorous Grace, you're quite clever!"
At least that's what I hope he'd say.

Speaking of jokes, I think I'll have to end this with a bang so I'll leave you with this gem. Now I don't usually share my jokes so feel special. Alright? Okay here we go:

"How many ears does Spock have? Three. The left ear, the right ear, and the final front-ear!"


I love that one, it's geeky and hilarious. Like me! Haha okay but seriously though. This has relieved me of my semi-back-to-school stress a little bit so I guess it's a win win! You get a joke and I get less stress. Boom, happy times in the kingdom.


Live long and prosper,


Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment