Monday, May 19, 2014

Summer English Assignment 101

Since none of y'all want to listen to me rant about shows half as much as you want to hear about my life, I'm going to tell you all a secret... shh... It's confidential...

I've been wanting to use this one all year.
Courtesy of straightfromthea

This blog is going change drastically over the summer. I know, I'm as surprised as you are. Due to my admiration for the English language, I happen to be taking Honors English 10 (super-nerd sophomore English) next year. It's basically preparation for the Advanced Placement classes, English Language and English Literature. As I'm set on taking both of these classes, Honors English 10 is practically inevitable.

With Honors English comes an honorable task... I must read a book.
I. Can. Not. Physically. Wait.
Courtesy of reactiongifs

That's no problem for me, I love reading, I just never have the time. This summer is booked though, like last summer. I am working, acting, and working some more within the space of three months. This year though, instead of having to write an essay on a book about the Civil War I get to write blog posts about a book called The Distance Between Us.

That's right, you heard me correctly, I get to blog about a book over the summer. As if I wasn't already pumped for this summer! They will be thought-provoking, controversial, and highly intelligent posts, so I don't expect you to like them that much. 

I mean come on, have you seen the posts you guys like? Seriously.
Those are my favorites too, what am I saying?
If you purposely intend on avoiding my posts for my English assignment, I've devised a code so you'll know when the next one is coming up. So you can "forget" to read it without me freaking out that everyone has stopped reading.
You just "forgot" to read right?
Courtesy of replygif

Since I obviously can't say anything ridiculous within my English assignment posts, I'm going to warn you one post before I make a reading assignment related post by saying the catchphrase...

I'm having lasagna tomorrow night for dinner.

I just made that up on the spot, be proud. Now if you are actually a kind soul who cares about my future in English education, I recommend you read my posts over the summer and tell you what I think. Maybe I'll do the same for you... muahaha!


P.S: Thank you guys again for all the support you've given me during the school year. Everyone who clicked onto this blog of mine maybe on accident or on purpose, I'm grateful for all of you. I hope I can continue to have your support during this summer!


I really like lasagna,

Garfield 

1 comment:

  1. "That's no problem for me, I love reading, I just never have the time. This summer is booked though, like last summer."

    I see what you did there.

    ReplyDelete