Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Day to Remember

Hey, hey look what I saw when I logged in this morning? 
Oh yeah, that's right buddy, I hit three thousand views this morning. So as a remembrance of this wonderful day, I shall give you what you have all been wanting and continue to desire even though I promised this blog wasn't all about me: an excerpt of "ma teenage life".

Happy Birthday by Destiny child on Grooveshark
Now, in the off-chance that we are friends in the real world you probably don't know my birthday. But I know there are some of you who do! That's a real talent you got there, I mean I nearly forgot that I was turning fifteen in less than nine days but wow good for you buddy! That's a talent tantamount to finishing a whole thing of Chapstick and not losing it. I'm quite proud. For those of you who don't, I have already discussed three birthdays that weren't mine so no wonder you're confused.

I have an issue with birthdays though. Although I love other people's birthdays, I can't fathom any part of my birthday with any ounce of sense until it has passed. 

For instance, where do I look when people sing "Happy Birthday" to me?


What do I do when my mom wants to tell me about how I was born for the millionth time?

Yet... the biggest issue I have with my birthday is perhaps the most cliché part...

the party.

Ain't no party like a Hogwarts party because a Hogwarts party don't stop. Always.
Courtesy of gifirific
When I plan parties, which trust me isn't that often, it doesn't always end well. That's why I just go to other people's parties. Yet this year I have gotten grief from those who realized that I was about to attempt the same thing that I did last year and not have a party. So guess who gets to plan out a birthday party in less than two weeks? Yup, this chica right here.

I have already thought of a few ideas, but I keep falling back onto these two. WARNING: Severe nerdiness ahead.

Numéro Uno: A partay-tay at a librar-aye (library) 
I love libraries, a lot. Evidence of this statement can be seen in previous posts and the fact that I happen to be spending my day at the library at the moment. I love books, j'aime people who love books, and most of all, I adore endless caverns of books. Naturally, it's normal for me to want to have a party including books.
Belle and I are one.
Courtesy of Shadow Hunters

This party could include going to the urban shopping center, chilling at my favorite hipster coffee house, and roaming through the library with a pack of wild geeks. The dessert to this wonderful entrée of a party would obviously end in a sleepover because, well it's kind of a birthday party staple.

Numéro Dos: Become a Backyardigan
Even though it was once one of the greatest dreams shows of mine as a child, one of my friends mentioned how much fun he thought it would be to explore my town. He doesn't live in the area so I didn't have the heart to tell him that the buses are always late. And unless you want to ride a bike or run everywhere, my town is much larger than it looks. 
I swear, there is no difference between Park City
and Heaven to this kid. At all.
Not to mention, because I am such a loyal and devoted friend, we had kind of agreed to playing the Hunger Games (for the second time) in my backyard forest because we're cool cats. Of course there would be other people, but don't tell him... if it was between both of us, the odds would be ever in my favor if you know what I mean.

We all know who the real winner is.
Courtesy of Degrassi Wikia
This could also end in a movie and possibly bowling if it wasn't the most expensive thing in my town. I mean come on, you're a bowling alley, not a five star restaurant. So... we might end up taking a road trip.

Don't be messing with my clique.
Courtesy of Vampire Diaries Wikia

So now it comes down to the crucial step: planning the party. I really have no idea what I'm going to do, and who knows, maybe I won't even have a birthday party this year <cue slow inspirational song>. I don't know, I guess we'll find out soon enough isn't that right Birthday Lords? Oh, okay don't talk to me, I see how it is. 


Happy (almost) birthday to me,

The (kind of) birthday girl

No comments:

Post a Comment