Thursday, May 8, 2014

"The Switch" Review

I feel like I've been talking a lot about my life recently and not enough about the real intention of this blog. The arts. So I'm getting back on track, pulling myself in a new direction as they say in The Addams Family. The other night I watched a fantastic movie, a kind of movie that just has you eating your popcorn (oh wait you're on a detox so you don't have popcorn ha!) and wondering, "How in the world will this end even though I think I know what will happen but hopefully I'm wrong". And thank goodness I was.
The entire movie my friends, this was me... minus the popcorn.
Courtesy of reactiongifs

The movie I watched was called "The Switch" and it was released only a few years ago in 2010. Many of you may know the lead roles from Arrested Development and Friends, and yes that is Rachel.

Courtesy of China
The movie happened to be switched to by my mother as she recommended it but still thought that "it might be a little over my head". So you have been warned mom-style. Now that you continue to read the post, be aware that since you believe you are past my mother's prudence, that is not your average comedy.

It begins with a pair of best friends, Kassie and Wally. Kassie tells Wally of her plans to become pregnant by insemination. He feels offended that he is not the sperm donor and well... let's just say at a party he gets a wee bit tipsy and accidentally loses the donation given by Kassie's donor. Oh yes, big oopsy right there.

Great idea buddy!
Courtesy of ballerball
After six years, he finally meets his son that he technically fathered... and boy are there similarities. They both eat the same way, he's crazy for knowledge like his dad, he even has the hair and we all know that hair is the key quality in a person! So, if that doesn't sound like the most awkward thing to tell your best friend, that you accidentally fathered her child and kept it a secret from even yourself for seven years or so... you must be living an interesting life my friend. 

I was really hoping good ole Rache would be looking like this...
Courtesy of the-house-of-anubis.wikia.com

But if it was me I'm pretty sure I'd look like this if someone had told me that I had given birth to someone else's baby...
Did I mention I like Bill Hader?
Courtesy of gifirific
Now, as many people know, I am an antispoiler kind of gal. Want to know how The Fault in our Stars ends? Not happening. Need to find out what happened on the season finale of Supernatural? Not the gal to ask. So if you think that I am going to spoil The Switch, you are definitely reading the wrong girl's blog. It is a fantastic movie and you all must see it. For realsies though, it's pretty darn fantastic and I recommend it. 10 out of 10. Five stars. Don't look at Rotten Tomatoes, the movie's misunderstood! Like a teenager.


Time for a switch-up,


The pitcher

No comments:

Post a Comment